The following organizations assist people with or do research into cystic fibrosis, a hereditary disease affecting the lungs and digestive system, causing progressive disability and sometimes early death.
- Cystic Fibrosis Australia (CFA), an Australian national organization aimed at raising awareness and education of cystic fibrosis through advocacy and research.
- Cystic Fibrosis Trust, a UK charity providing research, information and care for people with cystic fibrosis.
- European Cystic Fibrosis Society (ECFS), a Denmark-based organization of clinicians and scientists actively engaged in CF research, care and collaboration.
North American Edit
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF), a US non-profit providing the means to cure and control cystic fibrosis.
- Cystic Fibrosis Lifestyle Foundation CFLF seeks to create therapies that engage adolescents and young adults with Cystic Fibrosis as active agents in their healthcare physically, psychologically and spiritually, thereby enabling attitudes and lifestyles that create stronger and longer lives for themselves. Founded by Brian Callanan.
- Cystic Fibrosis-Reaching Out Foundation, a US-based network of information and support for people with CF and their families.
- Boomer Esiason Foundation, a US-based organization supporting research aimed at finding a cure for cystic fibrosis as well providing education and raising quality of life for people with cystic fibrosis, named after Boomer Esiason, a former NFL quarterback, whose son Gunnar has cystic fibrosis.
- Lungs for Life Foundation, a US-based organization focused on improving quality of life for people with CF through assisted services, education and research.
- Elizabeth Nash Foundation, a US-based organization focused on research, education and patient support, named after scientist Elizabeth Nash.
- National Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Committee (NCFAC), a US-based group focused on increased public CF awareness through an annual national Cystic Fibrosis Awareness observance.
- Rock CF Foundation, a US-based non profit organization that uses the arts, entertainment, fashion and fitness to increase awareness and raise funds for cystic fibrosis. Founded by Emily Schaller.
- Liv for a Cure, a US-based foundation dedicated to raising money for fight against Cystic Fibrosis.